This is the website of Dawn International.
This policy governs the online processing activities of this website. For offline processing of personal data, please request a copy of our data protection policy (contact details below).
We are Dawn International, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Arrow Group. We specialise in creating food production partnerships worldwide.
Dawn International is the controller of the personal data it processes. You can contact us in a number of ways, which are set out on the contact us page of our website at www.dawnint.com/contact.html.
We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
The information we collect
- You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as to emails listed on the “contact us” page.
- Information contained within a job application (CV) where that is sent via our website.
The purpose of collecting information
- Website functionality – We analyse website users’ pattern of use to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- Complaint handling – we may use the data you provide to us via our email address.
- Responding to your query – you may provide us with personal data through our email address while seeking information about our company.
- Job applications – from time to time jobs may be advertised on our website and potential candidates will submit their personal data (e.g. CV’s) for our review.
Legal basis for processing
We process your personal data based on the following lawful basis:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract (e.g. Employment contract)
- Processing necessary for Dawn International to pursue its legitimate interests.
- Processing based on the Data Subject’s consent
- Processing that is required under applicable law (e.g. Revenue/PRSI)
Under data protection law, data subjects have certain rights. Subject to certain restrictions, which are set out below, you can exercise these rights in relation to your personal data we process.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
- You have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie) and to seek compensation through the courts
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Restriction of data subject rights in certain circumstances
Article 23 of the GDPR allows for data subject rights to be restricted in certain circumstances. In addition, the 2018 Act contains certain provisions dealing with the restriction of rights of data subjects, in particular Sections 59, 60 and 61, which give further effect to the provisions of Article 23. Further information can be found here.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than those set out in this policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfer: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
- Other: We will share your information with a third party other than a service provider where you have given your consent for us to do so.
Where we store personal information
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe but we will only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Dawn International retains personal data for a range of periods as set out in our Data Retention Policy.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
If you have any questions about this policy, our practices relating to the website or your dealing with the website you can contact us at Data Protection, Dawn International Ltd, Confederation House, Waterford Business Park, Cork Road, Waterford, Ireland. Eircode X91 E9TV.
Changes to this policy